On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 11:32:53AM +0000, Cuckoo's Calling wrote:
> I came across an amazing project called GNU Guix.

In case any is interested in trying it out:
I am successfully using Guix under Gentoo via this overlay:
https://github.com/trofi/nix-guix-gentoo

> Please leave me a feedback on your experience.

IMHO, it is a great package manager, especially when being concerned
about (bit-wise) reproducibility, 'slotting' various versions and fast
movement with low risk (reversible upgrades).

The one feature I miss compared to portage is the configuration via USE
flags: One could patch Guix package definitions to add compile to flags
etc, but you can't simply let the package manager resolve the
dependencies for you.

Cheers,

Marcel