On 9/30/20 12:19 PM, Joonas Niilola wrote:

> On 9/30/20 1:09 PM, Jakov Smolic wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I'd like to reserve 1 GID (462) and 2 UIDs (461 and 463) for new acct-*
>> packages needed with media-sound/snapcast.
>> I've submitted the packages as part of the following PR:
>> https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/17333
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> Hi,
>
> this is not necessary anymore. You said in your PR you saw this is
> required, where did you see it? It's outdated information. Please refer to
I think I saw it on some older thread on the mailing list, can't
remember where exactly, I assumed later it's outdated but decided to
send the mail just in case.

> https://projects.gentoo.org/qa/policy-guide/user-group.html
>
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Proxied_Maintainer_FAQ#Adding_acct-.7Bgroup.2Cuser.7D.2Fpackages_as_a_proxied_maintainer
Yeah, saw those pages in the meantime :)

> Also do note we try to go downwards from 500, so the next available
> number seems to be 384, per,
>
> https://gitweb.gentoo.org/data/api.git/tree/files/uid-gid.txt
>
> although a next free one will be given to you during merge. 461-463 are
> already taken.
Sure, I went through the list and picked first numbers from 500 that
were available, 416-463 seemed available, but I will change the numbers.
Thanks you!

--
Best regards,
Jakov Smolic