On Sun, 2020-10-04 at 14:48 -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
> Title: K8s Split Packages Returning

I think you should really use the full name here, especially that it is
also the package name.

> Author: William Hubbs <willi...@gentoo.org>
> Revision: 1
> News-Item-Format: 2.0
> Display-If-Installed: sys-cluster/kubernetes
>
> Due to bug #741572,, the k8s split packages are returning to fix issues
> with upgrading clusters [1].

It would be nice to include a short explanation what these issues are.
 Expecting all affected users to open Bugzilla just to see whether
the bug in question is relevant causes them unnecessary work.

> Starting with k8s 1.17.12, 1.18.9 and 1.19.2, you will need to install
> the following packages in the appropriate configuration for your
> cluster.
>
> sys-cluster/kubeadm
> sys-cluster/kube-apiserver
> sys-cluster/kube-controller-manager
> sys-cluster/kubectl
> sys-cluster/kubelet
> sys-cluster/kube-proxy
> sys-cluster/kube-scheduler
>
> Once the split packages are stabilized, sys-cluster/kubernetes will be
> masked and removed.

Why not make it a metapackage, and maybe have USE flags to assist common
configurations?

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny