вт, 6 окт. 2020 г. в 15:04, Marek Szuba <mare...@gentoo.org>:

> >> I am afraid I do not understand the question. What do you want to move,
> >> and why?
> >
> > Currently portage is mostly lua:5.1 aware and the first thing is move
> > dev-lang/lua:0 to 5.1 slot by slotmove in profiles/updates:
> >
> > slotmove dev-lang/lua 0 5.1
>
> The file structure of dev-lang/lua:0 differs from dev-lang/lua:5.x,
> meaning that introducing such a slot move would require Lua eclasses to
> treat lua5-1 differently from other targets. In other words, we would
> *still* need lua0 support but without a clearly distinct name.

So there will be a new stabilized lua:5.1 version as I proposed.
Again, here is a quick todo list:

1. slotmove dev-lang/lua
2. Change all dependencies to change from lua:0 to lua:5.1
3. Stabilize & unmask slotted version 5.1.5-r103
4. Release news & rebuild with emerge -a --oneshot $(equery depends
dev-lang/lua | awk '{print " ="$1}')
5. Now we have lua:5.1 portage ready to lua.eclass migration
6. PROFIT

1-4 can be done with one git push