Hey all,

I'm just picking an eclass to respond to because I see this pretty
often, so I'm definitely not picking on mgorny with this question.

On Tue, Oct 06, 2020 at 02:10:45PM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:

*snip*

> +case "${EAPI:-0}" in
> +     0|1|2|3|4|5|6)
> +             die "Unsupported EAPI=${EAPI} (obsolete) for ${ECLASS}"
> +             ;;
> +     7)
> +             ;;
> +     *)
> +             die "Unsupported EAPI=${EAPI} (unknown) for ${ECLASS}"
> +             ;;
> +esac

Does it really matter that an EAPI is unsupported because it is obsolete
vs unknown? Can we simplify this case statement to the following or
something similar for all of our eclasses?

case "${EAPI:-0}" in
        7)
                ;;
        *)
                die "Unsupported EAPI=${EAPI} (unknown) for ${ECLASS}"
                ;;
esac

William