On 2020-09-26 Sat 05:23, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
> IIUC the authoritative document for eclass documentation is the
> description of the format in the eclass-to-manpage.awk script, so this
> would be a good start to add support for a new tag.

Initial awk implementation available at [1], but currently only supports
showing eclass deprecation replacement/message even though all tag
groups are supported. I'm open to ideas for how variable/function
deprecation tag info should be formatted for manpages.

The tag syntax is currently the following:

# @DEPRECATED: <optional; replacement ("none" for no replacement)>
# <optional deprecation message>

This could be simplified to a single line if we want to force the usage
of @DESCRIPTION for additional deprecation info, but I think splitting
long deprecation info out is helpful.

[1]: https://github.com/mgorny/eclass-to-manpage/pull/4