On 10/18/20 8:48 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
On Sat, 2020-10-17 at 18:05 -0400, Aisha Tammy wrote:
This package provides the 'display-manager' startup script for
handling your chosen display manager, without being dependent on
Xorg server.
being dependent -> depending

Do you really think a rename for the sake of renaming justifies
requiring all users to rewrite their configuration?  While we're
requiring the users to do that, wouldn't it be better to stop using
the awful layout of 'one script to run them all', and switch to separate
scripts for every DM?

This is exactly what I proposed in the previous RFC, systemd already works this way and is IMHO a lot clearer to use.

-- juippis