Dear everyone,

Owing to the fact I decommissioned the last bit of my Burp-based backup infrastructure last week, the following packages:

acct-group/burp
acct-user/burp
app-backup/burp

are now up for grabs. I have just dropped all three to m-n.

Burp releases are divided into two categories, stable (currently the 2.2 branch) and development (currently 2.3). The former is generally quiet, the latter sees a new release every month or so. Upstream is friendly and quick to respond.

There currently one open bug, for two test failures in the development version 2.3.36 [1]. This particular one seems to me to be related to tinderbox configuration, as I continue to be unable to reproduce it in spite of having tried running the burp test suite with PORTAGE_TMPDIR on several different file systems (specifically: btrfs, ext4, tmpfs). That said, I have observed recent development builds to produce intermittent test timeouts.

[1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/753967

--
Marecki