On 2020-12-09 15:56, Michael Orlitzky wrote:

I think the slotted lua ebuilds should be doing some eselect-lua stuff in pkg_postinst() and pkg_postrm(). For example:

   * I have lua-5.1 and lua-5.2 installed
   * Lua-5.2 is eselected
   * I uninstall lua-5.2
   * Now /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/lua.pc is a dangling symlink

I've already mentioned this to WilliamH, it is expected to be done before the unmasking of slotted Lua. Meanwhile (i.e. during work on migrating packages so that they among other things respect the current values of LUA_TARGETS and LUA_SINGLE_TARGET), not having any "current" Lua versions makes it easier to catch looking for Lua where they shouldn't.

Related to the above: is there a way to trigger rebuilds of consumers when the "single implementation" changes? If I have a package that links against liblua and if I upgrade from lua-5.1 to lua-5.2, then my package should rebuild. I don't think $LUA_DEPS from lua-single.eclass can do that?

LUA_DEPS itself will not but the change of LUA_SINGLE_TARGET in the package in question will, same way other packages can be rebuilt on USE-flag changes.

--
Marecki