On Thu, 17 Dec 2020 14:38:43 -0600
William Hubbs <willi...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 09:22:06PM -0500, Mike Gilbert wrote:

> > I don't really understand what you mean by this. I am converting one
> > internal bash function into an external script so that its python
> > dependencies can be better defined and managed.
>
> What I mean is, ebuilds should not be calling _meson_env_array at all
> since it is defined and documented as an eclass internal function.
>
> I would like to know more about what the gallium-nine-standalone ebuild
> is doing and why it needs to call a meson.eclass internal function.
>
> On the other hand, if _meson_env_array is meant to be called by ebuilds,
> we need to rename it and improve the documentation for it in the eclass.

I knew I spoke to someone about this on IRC and turns out it was you 2
years ago. :P The ebuild needs to render flags as a Meson array and
this eclass function is the best way to do it. You did not know why it
was private and said to go ahead anyway but file a bug so that this
situation could be improved. I admittedly didn't get around to filing a
bug but I was totally prepared to deal with the fall out if it broke.
Now floppym is improving the situation anyway and fixing the ebuild
too. I give my thanks to him. Job done?

--
James Le Cuirot (chewi)
Gentoo Linux Developer