> On 27 Mar 2021, at 22:21, Sam James <s...@gentoo.org> wrote:

Given how uncontroversial most of it is, the positive reviews, and the fact
that I pushed a load
of other eclassdoc changes (for other eclasses) but CI is still down, it makes
sense to throw in as much as we can to not waste the big cache regeneration
that’s going to occur
anyway.

I’ve therefore pushed the uninteresting parts of this (all cosmetic for
eclassdocs or whitespace,
nothing functional involving EAPIs or anything like that).

I’ll send out a v2 either later today or tomorrow with the parts I’ve
cherry-picked removed.

v2 will look roughly like:
> (Relatively) significant changes:
> * inherit eutils for < EAPI 7 for eqawarn
> * drop support for < EAPI 5
>
> [Needed for the EBUILD_PHASE_FUNC change.
> < EAPI 5 is no longer in ::gentoo (since December).]
>
> eclassdoc fixes:
> * explicitly blank and mark variables as @DEFAULT_UNSET
> * add @DESCRIPTION for _at_uses_pkg
> * document AUTOTOOLS_DEPEND
>
> Cosmetic changes:
> * convert ewarn to eqawarn
> * consistent 'case' style
> * consistent variable references
> * consistent use of ${ECLASS}, not "autotools.eclass"
> * use same ${WANT_AUTOCONF} comparison test throughout

If we’re sticking with the dropping of EAPIs earlier than 5, I think there’s
some more cruft I can clear out too.

So, as you can see, not much interesting actually got cherry-picked. For
transparency - although
you could read git yourself, I cherry-picked the following:

$ git shortlog 3f1cd0c161eeec3a5b0173da31f8949fa5eb38b5..HEAD
Sam James (6):
      autotools.eclass: mark AT_M4DIR as @DEFAULT_UNSET
      autotools.eclass: mark WANT_AUTO*, AUTOTOOLS_AUTO_DEPEND as @PRE_INHERIT
      autotools.eclass: mark AT_SYS_M4DIR variable as @DEFAULT_UNSET
      autotools.eclass: consistent references to bugs in comments
      autotools.eclass: fix whitespace/phrasing in comment
      autotools.eclass: minor cosmetic changes to various elogs