On lunedì 28 giugno 2021 17:07:57 CEST Michael Orlitzky wrote:
> If the package declares a dependency on e.g. virtual/c-compiler, ago
> would want to re-test it whenever a new version of any compiler is
> released that satisfies virtual/c-compiler. Conversely, if the package
> doesn't require virtual/c-compiler, we may assume that it doesn't
> compile C code, and is not affected by the new version.

I need to admit that your solution is more simplest because there is nothing
to implement.

We can create a new category (like virtual) called tinderbox, then for example
we could have:
tinderbox/c
tinderbox/c++
tinderbox/go

and so on.

Those tinderbox 'packages' added as DEPEND must not pull a default compiler or
so, instead they will not pull anything.

They are there with the purpose of show the output of something like:
equery depends tinderbox/c

Agostino