On 2021-07-13 07:20, Michał Górny wrote:

Title: PipeWire versions of PulseEffects are now media-sound/easyeffects

<ulm mode>The title is too long (50 chars max AFAIR)</ulm mode>

Argh, and after all my attempts to keep this as short as possible while keeping this meaningful :-) Will think of something even shorter.

Display-If-Installed: >=media-sound/pulseeffects-5.0.0

Why not display it to users of all versions?

Only people using 5.0.0+ will have to take any action on this so it feels like displaying it for all versions would needlessly bother users who are happy with PulseAudio.

I like short but here it seems that you're skipping some essential
details and having users guess.
> Maybe start by explaining the current state
[...]
Makes sense, thanks! I'll revise this along the lines of your suggestions.

Finally, tell explicitly what PA and PW users should
do, and provide an example emerge snippet (do they need to deselect
pulseeffects?).

Right, they do need to deselect pulseeffects given it will almost certainly be in the world file, won't they.

--
Marecki