Ühel kenal päeval, N, 15.07.2021 kell 14:03, kirjutas Ulrich Mueller:

> > -DEPEND="
> > +_XDG_DEPEND="
> >         dev-util/desktop-file-utils
> >         x11-misc/shared-mime-info
> >  "
> > +
> > +case "${EAPI:-0}" in
> > +       4|5|6|7)
> > +               DEPEND="${_XDG_DEPEND}"
> > +               ;;
> > +       *)
> > +               IDEPEND="${_XDG_DEPEND}"
> > +               ;;
> > +esac
>
> If it is IDEPEND in EAPI 8 (i.e. an install-time dependency which
> applies to pkg_postinst etc.), then presumably the best approximation
> in other EAPIs would be RDEPEND:
> https://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/head/pms.html#x1-720008.1
>
> Think about installion of a binpkg where DEPEND won't be pulled in.

Changing where it is for old EAPIs is presumably not the subject of
this patchset. DEPEND is where it was before, and DEPEND is where it
should remain after. I'm aware of the incorrectness, but RDEPEND has
its other problems for these deps - this is why IDEPEND exists now.
As this is not the purpose of this patch, we shouldn't dwelve into this
subject further - EAPI-8 is here now to fix this.

Mart