On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 12:48:46PM +0100, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
> In any case, 300 additional IDs may not be future proof at the rate
> we're currently allocating them. So I wonder if we shouldn't move to
> above 60000 immediately, or alternatively, give up the whole concept.

Agreed here, I'd /like/ to stay <1000 for system IDs but I do also
feel we're just delaying the issue by using more of the dynamic range.
May as well keep it intact and larger.

Do think it's either open a range above 60000 or I guess switch to
using dynamic allocation in main ::gentoo as well (when non-critical).
--
ionen