> On 27 Nov 2021, at 09:54, Miroslav Šulc <fordf...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> hello devs,
>
> please find attached patch for upgrade of java-vm-2.eclass to support eapi 8.
> eapi 5 is not used by any package inheriting this eclass so i dropped it.
>
> i also attach update of the ebuilds of packages that use this eclass and can
> be updated to eapi 8 (dev-java/icedtea can't atm, it also inherits another
> java eclass that does not support eapi 8 yet, and dev-java/gcj-jdk is masked
> in profiles/releases/17.0/package.mask). all works fine except
> dev-java/openjdk (all slots) where the configuration phase fails or does not
> finish correctly. all those packages merge fine with eapi 6 (in-tree ebuilds).
>
> openjdk:8 - configuration finishes but no configuration file is created (and
> hence compilation fails) as during the configuration phase it complains with
> this:
> configure: error: Could not find freetype!
>
> openjdk:11 and openjdk:17 - configuration fails with this error (i was told
> by sam it is a known bug):
> configure: error: unrecognized options: --disable-static

When b.g.o is back, let's make sure we update the existing bug about it / file
a new one.

> i'd like to merge the patches asap (except the broken openjdk) so please let
> me know if you find anything that could be improved or all's ok.

lgtm. I'd send with git send-email in future to ease review.

I don't see a point in nitpicking the Java eclasses right now, especially as we
might be looking at future improvements anyway for how we handle deps.

Thanks for doing this!

Best,
sam