On Sat Jan 1, 2022 at 4:21 PM CST, Piotr Karbowski wrote:
> I'd like to focus on the 'reasonably want' here.

I find that words like "reasonable" are generally useless. The issue
is, it's completely subjective. Do you think the average
person would think that using Gentoo is reasonable for their home
computing? Is it resonable for grandma? I think it's reasonable for me.

> The thing is, it's 2022, and it does not make any sense to *not* support
> IPv6, even if one does not connect to any network with IPv6, there's no
> harm to just have it there.

This kind of logic goes down a slippery slope very quickly though.
"There's no harm to just have it there" kind of defeats the purpose of a
configurable operating system.

> Beside 'ipv6', there are other USE flags that I have on mind. 'pam'
> being another of them.

Well, I'm not sure about the pam one. The only USE flag that
consistently baffles me is 'X'. It really does not seem to have a well
defined definition, and it seems to do different things with different
packages. For the longest time, I had that flag globally disabled, but
used X and almost every package worked totally fine.

-- Blake