On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 6:10 PM Peter Stuge <pe...@stuge.se> wrote:
> Mike Gilbert wrote:
> > There is an open QA bug [1] regarding the large set of undocumented
> > patches that are being applied in the stable ebuilds.
>
> Arfrever is active in the bug you linked, has provided explanations
> for the patches and prepared to restructure the patches so that they
> can be gated by local USE flags, has made several different concrete
> suggestions for possible implementations and requested feedback, but
> has received no reply in the bug and instead there's now this
> backstabbing discussion on this list.

There was no visible progress on the bug for a month and a half. Some
proposals/questions appeared once I suggested giving the package to
someone else in IRC.

I don't wish to spend my time providing guidance that will likely be
ignored and carefully reviewing his work on this package. I would much
rather hand the package off to someone who can work on it without
direct supervision.