On Wed, Mar  9, 2022, at 15:47 CST, Matt Turner <matts...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> [...]
>
> I wouldn't block anyone from doing this, but it's not something I'm
> personally interested in pursuing. I see very little value here.

I did not intend to imply that you should do anything.

I just want to point out that we had been educating developers for using
"repoman" to commit for a long time and looking at the "git log" history
shows that repoman is still used by a sizable number of developers
(around 50%-ish).

So, it would be very nice to have a somewhat official "blessed"
alternative in place.

For example, dev-util/pkgdev was suggested as an alternative, but I
cannot assess whether this is indeed a viable alternative.

Best,
Matthias