But you'll have to match KEYWORDS for both options first.

Afaik KEYWORDS of virtuals are a union of KEYWORDS of it's dependencies.
pandoc has "~amd64 ~x86", pandoc-bin has "~amd64" now, with possibility of "~arm64" (only those 2 arches are precompiled by upstream).

From Devmanual:
the developer can immediately set the KEYWORDS of a virtual to the union of
KEYWORDS of its providers.