On Sun, 2022-08-21 at 15:10 -0400, matoro wrote:
> Hey mjo, sorry about this - we were somewhat aggressive when building
> this list because much of the ecosystem has a tendency to do things like
> put strict upper bounds in their cabal files, leading to lots of
> blockers and manual patching whenever dependencies get bumped.
>
> Do any of your packages pull in deps that are in the last-rited list?
> If not I don't see an issue with keeping them.

These are the recently-masked first-level dependencies that they need,
but there may be more transitively:

  dev-haskell/configurator
  dev-haskell/dns
  dev-haskell/filemanip
  dev-haskell/hdbc
  dev-haskell/hdbc-postgresql
  dev-haskell/hdbc-sqlite3
  dev-haskell/missingh
  dev-haskell/parallel-io

All of the bounds in my four packages are >= bounds -- even in the
cabal file -- to avoid the problem you mentioned. I'd guess that they
build fine against whatever the latest versions of those dependencies
are; if not, the dependencies could be updated (can't hurt worse than
masking, right?)