On 2022-09-07 17:29, Mike Gilbert wrote:

A virtual seems a bit pointless for the following reasons:
[...]
> 2. dbus-broker[launcher] utilizes config files installed by dbus, and
> actually RDEPENDs on sys-apps/dbus for that reason.

Yeah, I failed at reading - even the README of dbus-broker clearly states "You still need the dbus reference implementation installed, since it provides tools used by many applications, as well as the dbus.socket unit file."

If you can think of some way to encourage users to install/enable
dbus-broker, that seems like a good idea to me.

Makes sense, I'll think about it.

--
Marecki