On 01/10/2022 18.36, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
On Sat, 01 Oct 2022, Florian Schmaus wrote:

Bug #719201 was triggered by dev-texlive/texlive-latexextra-2000. It
appears that the ebuild had more than 6000 entries in SRC_URI [1],

That includes double counting and must be divided by the number of
developers in TEXLIVE_DEVS. AFAICS that number was two in 2020. So 3000
is more realistic as a number there.

That may be very well the case. I'd appreciate if you would elaborate on the double counting. If someone knows a good and easy way to compute A for an ebuild, then please let me know. That would help to get more meaningful data.

from which A is generated from. Hence even a EGO_SUM limit of 3000
entries should provide enough safety margin to avoid any Golang ebuild
running into this.

See above, with 3000 entries there may be zero safety margin. It also
depends on total filename length, because the limit is the Linux
kernel's MAX_ARG_STRLEN (which is 128 KiB).

Of course, this is a rough estimation assuming that the filename length is roughly the same on average. That said, my proposed limit for EGO_SUM is 1500, which is still half of 3000 and should still provide enough safety margin.

- Flow