On 19/02/2023 18.32, Michał Górny wrote:
+Abstract
+========
+
+A new ``TEST_SUITE_PRESENT`` variable is introduced to indicate whether
+the package features a test suite.
I wonder if we could not simply use IUSE="test" for this purpose? That is, allow declaring the 'test' use flag, even though it is not used in a USE conditional, to indicate that the package has a test suite.

With that said, I don't have any strong objections against this proposal. But I'd like to mention that with RESTRICT="test", IUSE="test" and then TEST_SUITE_PRESENT="true", we end up with an awful lot of test related metadata and complexity, which potentially contributes to confusion.

- Flow