Ulrich Mueller <u...@gentoo.org> writes:

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
>
>> The idea is to make other editors less-hostile when they don't have
>> a dedicated mode (like I said in the commit message). The specific
>> reason for doing this is because it's editor agnostic.
>
> But is it? Emacs and Vim don't seem to natively support it. Nor does
> any of the Micro-Emacsen (like mg or Zile). Does Nano, at least?

Yes, being editor agnostic doesn't mean it has to be universally
supported by every editor.

I don't think needing a plugin is really an issue either (although
not all editors need one for it), given someone could easily have it
installed in general, and then want to start contributing.

Our own vapier ended up requesting it at https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?61947
for nano, although it hasn't been implemented yet (and may not be).