Sam,

I've looked into it and, yes, the net-p2p/litecoind ebuild should
absolutely get LR. The upstream litecoind project on which it depends seems
to have been a fork of the official Litecoin project. Unlike the official
Litecoin project which is doing just fine, the litcoind project no longer
exists on GitHub. Even better, the official Litecoin project builds
litecoind among several other binaries.

I'll add Litecoin to my to-do list of ebuilds to write. This functionality
will make its way back to Gentoo eventually.

~Jeff