On 12/06/2023 16.12, Sam James wrote:

Florian Schmaus <f...@gentoo.org> writes:

The only call site of _go-module_gomod_encode() was using $() in a loop
over EGO_SUM. This caused bash to fork() for every loop iteration, which
significantly affected the time it takes to "source" an ebuild using
EGO_SUM.

For example, "pkg pkg source =sys-cluster/k3s-1.23.3_p1" previously took
2.4 seconds. Inlining _go-module_gomod_encode() reduces this to
236 milliseconds.

This also adds missing 'local' declarations for some variables.

Nice one & lgtm, thanks!

Thanks. :)

Hopefully it gets applied soon.

But please remember to CC eclass maintainers (done now). If you did and
I missed it, apologies.

Right, I resend the mail with only williamw in 'to' right after I send the first mail after I noticed that I did not include the eclass maintainer. And then I wondered if a get_maintainer script would be a nice thing for ::gentoo. But that's a different discussion :)

- Flow