On 20.06.23 16:41, TOMAS FABRIZIO ORSI wrote:
    Isn't that duplicating the information of metadata/layout.conf's
    'master' key-value pair [1]?

Yes, I agree that it would be duplicating that information. As a matter of fact, Michał Górny pointed the same thing out. However, Michał also added, quote: "What's really lacking here is support for specifying dependencies via |repositories.xml|

Do we need to duplicate the information in repositories.xml, with all the drawbacks of duplication?

Can't eselect repository add the new repository, then read the 'masters' value from layout.conf, and add the missing repositories recursively?

- Flow