Hi Orbea,

My time availability is somewhat constrained at the moment, but, also given Hans's response to my email, happy to assist or even co-maintain.

Kind regards,
Jaco

On 2023/06/21 18:36, orbea wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 16:23:38 +0200
Jaco Kroon <j...@uls.co.za> wrote:

Hi Hans,

On 2023/06/17 10:12, Hans de Graaff wrote:
After migrating to Wayland I no longer have a need for these X
packages. I have already removed myself as maintainer.

x11-misc/xautolock

Has one open bug that should be addressed upstream, but upstream is
pretty much dead: https://bugs.gentoo.org/634766
I refer to an email 2022/07/19 where you took over xautolock from
Jonas, now you're dropping it.  Doesn't look like much work was
required since
I use xautolock and am willing to look at any pressing build issues if
they arise.

I'm still using this - you have moved to wayland so no longer a
problem for you.

  From the referenced bug report it looks like there isn't much "care"
for the package any more?

Assuming m...@scarlet.be is no longer responsive either?

  From commit 0da382f0a5c38cce6e70a3724471a6c7981730d7 it looks like
there's some possible compile/build issues.
This commit talks about how using imake is problematic and while I
entirely agree with that, it may not be trivial to write a new build
system. I'll take a look later if I find time and motivation.

Kind regards,
Jaco