On Mon, 11 Sep 2023 17:25:44 +0000
martin-kokos <martin-ko...@protonmail.com> wrote:

> Here.
>
> https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2021-08-24-eudev-retirement.html

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I do not see any info on the
upstream status of the project there.

Its currently used in Alpine Linux, has recent commits and recent
PRs with upstream involvement and is fully working on more than one
users' systems. Why can't it simply exist in the ::gentoo repo for now?
It doesn't have to be and is not the default.