Hi Jaco,

* we have more stages
* the binary packages have to go somewhere
* and, temporarily, things are duplicated due to the 17.x / 23.0 profile
transition

The third point will eventually go away. However, I'm not sure how much it
actually
contributes.

https://www.akhuettel.de/~huettel/plots/mirrors.php

If you look at the plots, the distfiles part is surprisingly large.
Binary packages (17.x and 23.0) and 17.x stages are under "releases".
The 23.0 stages for testing are under "experimental".

Lastly, I'm still working on an automated cleanup for outdated "small arches"
binary
packages (i.e. not arm64 and amd64, these are cleaned automatically already).
This just wasn't a priority so far.

Hope this helps.
-a

--