Hello,

On 2024-04-14, the Gentoo Council has unanimously approved the new AI
policy.  The original wording from the mailing list thread was approved:

"""
It is expressly forbidden to contribute to Gentoo any content that has
been created with the assistance of Natural Language Processing
artificial intelligence tools.  This motion can be revisited, should
a case been made over such a tool that does not pose copyright, ethical
and quality concerns.
"""

I have started drafting a Wiki page detailing this at [1].  We will also
look into how best provide this new information to our contributors.

[1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Council/AI_policy

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny