From: Joshua ChaitinPollak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Reply-To: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] x86 SBC Gentoo Embedded HotTo version 0.07
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:33:19 -0400


On Aug 7, 2005, at 10:16 PM, Heath Holcomb wrote:

Version 0.07
Please add, delete, modify. Thanks!

Hello, I got as far as below without problems:

# Emerge uclibc into the embedded_rootfs.
# Use the -K option because we don't get the extra files created by  the
# build/emerge process into our embedded rootfs which needs to be as
# small as possible.
ROOT=/embedded_rootfs emerge -K uclibc

This didn't work out of the box, the binary package wasn't available. I'm new to using binaries with gentoo, so I could be wrong, but this is the process I'm following:

emerge -B uclibc
ROOT=/embedded_rootfs emerge -K uclibc

Assuming this works, I'll repeat for busybox.

I guess you forgot FEATURES="buildpkg" in your /etc/make.conf


Looking forward to future updates to the howto.

--
[email protected] mailing list


Pierre Cassimans


--
[email protected] mailing list

Reply via email to