On 23/8/2005 9:37:13, Natanael Copa ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> I am trying to build klibc in an hardened environment. The ssp causes
> some problems. I wonder how I can turn off the ssp while compiling
> klibc? I have tried USE="-hardened" CFLAGS="-fnostack-protector" but it
> looks like the -fno-stackprotector option never is used. What can I do
> to compile klibc in my hardened environment? Turning off SSP is ok. It
> will only be used for initramfs anyway.

USE="-hardened" won't do anything as the klibc ebuild doesn't look at the 
hardened
use flag (nor should it).  I suspect that klibc is not honouring the environment
CFLAGS - doing "CFLAGS="-fno-stack-protector" should work (note that there
are dashes between no, stack, and protector).

First off, file a bug on bugs.gentoo.org.

The simple way to switch off SSP is to switch to a no-ssp compiler; do
'gcc-config -l' to see what you have available, then use gcc-config to choose
either the vanilla or -nossp version.  Use this version to build initramfs as
well.  Don't forget to switch back after you've finished.

Obviously, anything built against klibc will also need to be built with ssp 
switched
off, as you don't have the support functions for ssp in klibc.



-- 
[email protected] mailing list

Reply via email to