Natanael Copa wrote: >I have been working on a proof-of-concept distro lately that I would >like to describe as something in between GNAP and Bering uClibc. The >codename is Alpine. > > I'm sorry for the horrible long crosspost.
What I think might be of interest for gentoo-embedded people with this is that I have done a baselayout-alpine that allow you to start native init.d scripts without anything else but busybox. That is no bash, no gawk and no baselayout (the standard gentoo bashish one) The status is currently alfa. No dependency is handled nor is the parameter "status" handeled, so it does not keep track of what services are started and what is not. It might be an alternative to baselayout-lite though. It can be downloaded from http://jv.lmdata.net/baselayout-alpine/ until I have found a permanent hosting. (I'm not sure if sourceforge is a proper place for baselayout-alpine) -- Natanael Copa -- [email protected] mailing list
