On Saturday 27 August 2005 05:27 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> My old Pentium with 32MB ram used as a firewall really dislikes upgrading
> glibc. I'm considering replacing it wit uclibc. I've tinkered a bit with
> uclibc for a standalone non-gentoo env, but I'd like to know what the right
> procedures is for doing this on a live gentoo system. Any gotchas?

ive done this once myself ... your best bet is:
- install busybox into the glibc system (if you dont already have it)
- build up a uClibc chroot somewhere so it has everything you need
- tar up the uClibc chroot and move it to your firewall / dir
- login to the firewall machine
- run `bb`
- run something like `rm -rf /bin /etc /lib* /opt /sbin /usr /var`
- unpack the uClibc chroot tar into / (make sure to use the p option)
- trying starting either dropbear or sshd
- make sure you can login to the machine before exiting your bb shell

of course you may want to tweak certain details and YMMV :P
-mike
-- 
[email protected] mailing list

Reply via email to