On 2/10/2005 21:30:20, Joe Sapp ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> 
> Kurt Kiefer wrote:
> |> Here's some relevant info:
> |> USE="bitmap-fonts dlloader truetype-fonts type1-fonts uclibc" (have
> |> tried most combinations of all of these - always with uclibc on).
> |
> |
> | Did you try "-bitmap-fonts"? Looks like your problem is with them...
> 
> Yes I have.  I'm more concerned about the "Unsupported relocation type"
> errors I keep getting.  Searching the web hasn't yielded much so I thought
> I would try this list.

These errors occur if you try to build X with the elfloader, but also build the 
modules PIC (Position Independent Code) - the relocation types you mentioned 
are relevant to PIC, but the elfloader doesn't understand PIC objects.  However 
I don't know how you've ended up with them since you have 'dlloader' in your 
use flags - that causes X to avoid the elfloader completely, and use the 
system's standard shared library loader instead.

It's not bitmap-fonts that causes the problem, btw - it just happens that it's 
the first module loaded by X, so that's the first time the error occurs. If you 
remove bitmap-fonts, it'll just fall over on the next module.

What do you get when you do:

emerge -pv x11-base/xorg-x11

and what is the output of 'emerge --info'?



-- 
[email protected] mailing list

Reply via email to