Am 07.12.2005 12:48 Uhr schrieb "Ned Ludd" unter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 09:07 +0100, Heiko Kopp wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm quite new to GNAP but have some experience with gentoo. For a project I
>> want to integrate the SUN-JRE 1.5 as extension into GNAP using gnap_make.
>> Unfortunately this package is masked by ~x86. Handling this via an overlay,
>> I run into another problem. The extension creation fails with a weired error
>> message:
>>
>> /usr/portage/dev-java/sun-jre-bin/sun-jre-bin-1.5.0.05.ebuild: line 69:
>> ./install.sfx: No such file or directory
>>
>> !!! ERROR: dev-java/sun-jre-bin-1.5.0.05 failed.
>> !!! Function src_unpack, Line 69, Exitcode 127
>> !!! (no error message)
>> !!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status
>> message.
>>
>> The ebuild itself fails at line 69 complaining about a missing install.sfx.
>> Actually this file is created in the ebuild two lines above.
>>
>> Can anyone lead me to a hint. If not possible to use this package with the
>> portage system, the only solution I would think of is to put it directly in
>> the file system.
>
>
> Note that you are attempting to use a binary package
> (dev-java/sun-jre-bin) that was probably built and linked against glibc
> and it's attempting to execute. The no such file or dir error msg is
> probably the kernel returning the errno msg telling you that it can't
> find all needed libraries.
>
I tracked it down a bit. The Ebuild of sun-jre-bin takes the .bin file from
sun as input. This file is a bash-script with the original binary at the
end. The ebuild now determines the start of the binary within this file and
writes only the binary part to the file install.sfx. This file is then
executed but not found. The shell script simply askes to accept the licence,
thats why sun builds it this way.
The problem now is, that the underlying catalyst has some problems with
different change root environments, as the file exists somewhere deep inside
/tmp/catalyst/tmp .... but obviously cannot be found by the ebuild anymore.
I will add a new question in the gentoo-catalyst mailing list as I suppose
the problem resides somewhere there.
If anyone as an idea how to fix this issues, I would greatly appreciate it!
Heiko.
--
[email protected] mailing list