On man, 2005-12-19 at 13:33 +0100, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Ned Ludd wrote:
> 
> > On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 08:52 +0100, Natanael Copa wrote:
> > > On tor, 2005-12-15 at 12:19 -0500, René Rhéaume wrote:
> > > > 2005/12/15, Natanael Copa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > > > > I'm trying to avoid the gcc runtime dependency.
> > > > What do you mean ? libgcc or libstdc++ ?
> > > 
> > > libstc++-v3 has like 23MB sources. It takes a while to compile.
> > > (Besides, it failed to compile.)
> > > 
> > > 
> > > # emerge -s libgcc
> > > Searching...
> > > [ Results for search key : libgcc ]
> > > [ Applications found : 0 ]
> > > 
> > > libgcc? where can i find it?
> > > 
> > > I would be much better if I could get it work with uclibc++. Its much
> > > smaller.
> > > 
> > > I managed to get nmap to compile agains uclibc with
> > > 
> > > CXX=g++-uc emerge nmap
> > > 
> > > The romour says its possible to compile kde with uclibc++ so I was
> > > hoping it would be possible to use uclibc++
> > 
> > It's true. You can replace most of your system with uclibc++. It just 
> > takes some effort. 
> > 
> > I guess this is about as good time as any. Natanael if you can attempt 
> > to swap out all your c++ needs with uclibc++ and report back if you 
> > think we should make that the default for uclibc based profiles I/we 
> > would be thankful.
> 
> dansguardian builds w/ the method I described earlier, it needs only in 
> src/dansguardian.cpp commenting setlocale(...) at line 162 (if locales are 
> not enabled)

Could you please verify that dansguardian really gets linked against
libuClibc++.so.0?

When I did exactly as you said (only symblinking
i386-gentoo-linux-uclibc-c++ -> g++-uc) dansguardian still got compiled
with gcc's g++ and it was linked against libstdc++.so.6. When I also had
a g++ -> g++-uc it really used g++-uc from uclibc++, but then the
compile failed.

...
creating ./config.status
g++  -march=i386 -Os -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -c String.cpp
g++  -march=i386 -Os -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -c
OptionContainer.cpp
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-gentoo-linux-uclibc/3.4.4/../../../../i386-gentoo-linux-uclibc/include/string_iostream:
 In function `std::basic_istream<charT, traits>& 
std::getline(std::basic_istream<charT, traits>&, std::basic_string<Ch, Tr, A>&, 
charT) [with charT = char, traits = std::char_traits<char>, Allocator = 
std::allocator<char>]':
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-gentoo-linux-uclibc/3.4.4/../../../../i386-gentoo-linux-uclibc/include/string_iostream:110:
   instantiated from `std::basic_istream<charT, traits>& 
std::getline(std::basic_istream<charT, traits>&, std::basic_string<Ch, Tr, A>&) 
[with charT = char, traits = std::char_traits<char>, Allocator = 
std::allocator<char>]'
OptionContainer.cpp:84:   instantiated from here
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-gentoo-linux-uclibc/3.4.4/../../../../i386-gentoo-linux-uclibc/include/string_iostream:93:
 warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
g++  -march=i386 -Os -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -c FDTunnel.cpp
g++  -march=i386 -Os -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -c
ConnectionHandler.cpp
ConnectionHandler.cpp: In member function `void
ConnectionHandler::doTheLogMan(std::string, std::string, std::string,
std::string, std::string, int, timeval*, bool, int, std::string)':
ConnectionHandler.cpp:672: error: `time' undeclared (first use this
function)
ConnectionHandler.cpp:672: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once for each function it appears in.)
ConnectionHandler.cpp:673: error: `localtime' undeclared (first use this
function)
ConnectionHandler.cpp:674: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct
tm'
ConnectionHandler.cpp:671: error: forward declaration of `struct tm'
ConnectionHandler.cpp:675: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct
tm'
ConnectionHandler.cpp:671: error: forward declaration of `struct tm'
ConnectionHandler.cpp:676: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct
tm'
ConnectionHandler.cpp:671: error: forward declaration of `struct tm'
ConnectionHandler.cpp:677: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct
tm'
ConnectionHandler.cpp:671: error: forward declaration of `struct tm'
ConnectionHandler.cpp:678: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct
tm'
ConnectionHandler.cpp:671: error: forward declaration of `struct tm'
ConnectionHandler.cpp:681: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct
tm'
ConnectionHandler.cpp:671: error: forward declaration of `struct tm'
ConnectionHandler.cpp: In member function `String
ConnectionHandler::hashedURL(String*, int, std::string*)':
ConnectionHandler.cpp:1180: error: `time' undeclared (first use this
function)
make: *** [ConnectionHandler.o] Error 1

I have also tried the ~x86 2.9.3.0_alpha version with similar results.
(time missing)

(I just discovered there is a dansguardian 2.9.3.1 out so I will have to
submit a bug report for an updated ebuild)



-- 
[email protected] mailing list

Reply via email to