-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 April 2006 18:59, Jan Girlich wrote:
>>I can't compile glibc-2.4-r1.
> 
> i said 2.4-r2, not 2.4-r1

Okay, this was my mistake.

>>It complains about missing __target support in gcc.
> 
> arm targets need gcc-4.1

So I tried to compile gcc-4.1.0 which failed because of a bug in a patch
for arm softfloat etc. but now it works and I invoked crossdev again:

crossdev armeb-softfloat-linux-gnu --g 4.1.0 --l 2.4-r2

But glibc still fails and this time complains about missing __thread
support:

running configure fragment for ports/sysdeps/arm/elf
checking for ARM TLS support... no
running configure fragment for nptl/sysdeps/pthread
configure: error: compiler support for __thread is required

!!! ERROR: cross-armeb-softfloat-linux-gnu/glibc-2.4-r2 failed.

So I tried to find out what this is about and as far as I learned from
google this is about linuxthreads vs. nptl. In earlier versions of glibc
you were often advised to delete the subdirectory nptl in the sources so
you won't compile nptl support. But since glibc-2.4 you need to compile
with USE="nptl nptlonly" because support for linuxthreads has been
dropped. On the other hand I found some pretty old places telling that
arm does not support nptl yet.

Am I stuck here now or is there any hope?

Thanks
Jan
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2.2 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFESfDEvuM9o4Jvd/8RAmsqAJ43K5HMPZ0Hl/atGrOQ3zWGLSr2wwCfbDWo
WITHwMlv/FI3FuTagufGbbg=
=WLHM
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
-- 
[email protected] mailing list

Reply via email to