Thanks Heath (and thanks to [EMAIL PROTECTED]).

> The driver would be located in the kernel used by the distro.

I'm a bit of a newbie and am not sure where to look for this.  Is the Kernel 
all in one directory somewhere, and this would be a file inside that?


----- Original Message ----
From: Heath Holcomb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 7:18:55 AM
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Serial driver version on Gentoo?

The serial driver would be independent of the distro (Gentoo, Fedora, Ubuntu, 
etc..), unless it were patched which is unlikely for a serial driver.  The 
driver would be located in the kernel used by the distro.

-- 

heath holcomb
bulah.com

On 9/12/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Hello Arka,

You need drivers/serial/rs232_serial.c from the corresponding kernel trees.


On 9/12/07, Arka Roy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am not very knowledgeable about serial (RS232) drivers.
>
> I would like to
> compare the serial driver versions between my Gentoo machine and my

> other Linux machines (Xandros , Knoppix, Ubuntu... the last two are live CDs
> however).  Does anyone know what specific files I
> need to look at and compare?
>
> Thanks!
> Arka

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ____________________________________________________________________________________
> Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
> Check out fitting gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search

> http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=graduation+gifts&cs=bz


--
Sincerely,
Vladimir "Farcaller" Pouzanov

http://hackndev.com
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list













      
____________________________________________________________________________________
Catch up on fall's hot new shows on Yahoo! TV. Watch previews, get listings, 
and more!
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/3658 

Reply via email to