My configuration is the same as yours except the symbolic link which points
to /usr/portage, but even if I create this link it still doesn't work.
When emerging e2fsprogs, portage will also emerge ss and com_err due to
dependency.
I found, however, all three packages are of the same source tarball.
There are "~sys-libs/com_err-${PV} ~sys-libs/ss-${PV}" in the DEPEND
variable in the ebuild of e2fsprogs.
Maybe this setting caused the issue?
On 9/20/07, Mike Frysinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> On Tuesday 18 September 2007, Siong-Ui Te wrote:
> > yes, that's I mean by "under". The make.globals is also copied to
> > $PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT/etc/make.globals.
>
> last time i tried this, i recalled setting up:
> $PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT/
> |-- etc
> | |-- make.profile -> ../usr/portage/profiles/<whatever profile>
> | |-- make.globals (copied from /etc/make.globals)
> | `-- make.conf (hand created for target)
> `-- usr
> `-- portage -> /usr/portage
> and then things were working
> -mike
>
>