On Fri, Sep 28 at 08:24, Cees Koolen wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> I'm trying to build a cross development toolchain. I've tried different 
> versions
> of gcc and libc but the build always fails at the same point. I hope someone 
> can
> help.

Can I recommend a little package called crosstool (a colleage pointed me
at it and it "just worked"(tm) for Arm, MIPS, and i686.

Download 0.43 from http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/

Put this script in the root of the unpacked tarball and run it.
Make /opt/crosstool writeable and it can be run by a plain user which
I really like.  That's all there is to it.



#!/bin/sh
#  Compile gcc-3.4.5-glibc-2.3.6 for ARM.
#

set -ex
TARBALLS_DIR=/usr/portage/distfiles
RESULT_TOP=/opt/crosstool
export TARBALLS_DIR RESULT_TOP
GCC_LANGUAGES="c"
export GCC_LANGUAGES

# Really, you should do the mkdir before running this,
# and chown /opt/crosstool to yourself so you don't need to run as root.
mkdir -p $RESULT_TOP

eval `cat arm-softfloat.dat gcc-3.4.5-glibc-2.3.6.dat` sh all.sh --notest
echo Done.

-- 
        Bob Dunlop
-- 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list

Reply via email to