On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 1:31 AM, David Ford <[email protected]> wrote:

> does /dev/console exist? is /sbin/init statically compiled? if it's a
> shell script, does /bin/sh (or /bin/bash etc) exist?
>
> On 12/22/2010 01:41 PM, Kfir Lavi wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have created a small cross filesystem.
> > I have /sbin/init but the kernel is stuck in:
> > Freeing unused kernel memory: 284k freed
> >
> > I created a init script for testing and this init script work.
> > Why this /sbin/init don't work for me.
> >
> > I'm using baselayout 2 and openrc.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kfir
>
> Hi David,
Thanks for your replay.
I have bash, so if I run bash from the script bash will open a session.
I did a compilation of /sbin/init statically.
I don't have /dev/console, because udev didn't kickstart. My /dev is empty.
Maybe this is the problem. :-P
Is there a gentoo article that describe the must for loading a system?

Regards,
Kfir

Reply via email to