Hi,

Am 03.01.2011 16:33, schrieb Kfir Lavi:


On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Christoph Spielmann <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

    Hi,

    Am 03.01.2011 10:21, schrieb Kfir Lavi:


    On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 9:31 PM, Mike Frysinger <[email protected]
    <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

        On Sunday, January 02, 2011 13:59:43 Peter Stuge wrote:
        > Kfir Lavi wrote:
        > > crossdev i686-gentoo.edge-linux-gnu
        >
        > ..
        >
        > > CBUILD=i686-pc-linux-gnu
        >
        > I'm pretty sure you should use i686-pc-linux-gnu as the
        crossdev
        > tuple then. I don't think making up arbitrary tuples works.
        (gentoo.edge)

        the vendor field is supposed to be arbitrary and the only
        char that should
        cause a split is a "-".  not that we test every char though,
        so there might be
        bugs sitting around that most people dont notice.
        -mike

    I tried it again running
    crossdev i686-gentoo-linux-gnu

    Once again, wrong vendor field: It really should be
    i686-pc-linux-gnu as Mike suggested


    and got the same results.

    What can be wrong with my setup?

    Thanks,
    Kfir

What I did is funny:
CBUILD=i686-pc-linux-gnu
HOSTCC=i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc

So it seems I'm using my native compiler?!
And I'm not using my i686-gentoo-linux-gnu-gcc
Well in terms of crossdev i686-gentoo-linux-gnu-gcc is not a valid target (just look at the output of crossdev --help). If you want to build x86-code on a machine using a x86-compiler why would you want to use a cross-compilation-environment anyway? The idea of using cross-compilation is to build stuff for another target than the target of the host-compiler... E.g. build arm-code on a x86-machine or compile stuff for ppc on a x86-64-machine.

Can I see which compiler is really working if I change CBUILD to i686-gentoo-linux-gnu?

Thanks,
Kfir

Reply via email to