I forgot to mention that

  CONFIG_FB_FOREIGN_ENDIAN=y

is set, so it's probably not just a case of the framebuffer console missing.

Am 26.11.2018 10:01 schrieb philipp.amm...@posteo.de:
Hi,

has anyone managed to run the Raspi 3/3+ in big endian mode? I can't
get a BE the kernel to boot.

I have a working (LE) kernel config. Additionally I've enabled

  CONFIG_CPU_BIG_ENDIAN=y

otherwise leaving the exact same settings, but that one doesn't boot.
I tried using an aarch64_be-linux-musl crosscompiler (though IMO that
shouldn't be necessary because a LE gcc is able to output BE code) to
no avail.

So far I've only found vague information that BE is mandatory in 32bit
but optional in 64bit mode because SETEND is deprecated. Does that
mean it is not possible to do this on the Raspberry Pi?

Thanks!
Philipp