On 09/22/2014 10:44, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 5:47 AM, Joshua Kinard <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I've made a unified patch against linux-3.16.0 available to get Octane 
>> working
>> for anyone with such a machine again.  I still have to re-work the patchset 
>> for
>> mips-sources to include this, but that will take a while longer.  I'll try to
>> get stages uploaded in a few days someplace as well, along with the minimal
>> netboot initramfs.
>>
>> Full info is available here on the forums:
>> https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7621340.html
>>
> 
> For review purposes and probably a better chance of spotting bugs, it
> would be nice if you could break you patch up into manageable pieces
> and send then out as git patches.  E.g., precursor patches, core
> support patches, individual new driver patches.
> 
> Alex

The goal is to eventually get this into linux-mips upstream by breaking it up
into separate patches for review.  Right now, though, I just wanted to put
something out there for others to hack on and maybe improve things.  There are
still some drivers that Octane uses that can work on other systems that have
problems on those other systems.  Specifically, the IOC3 metadriver.  That
doesn't work on IP27 right now, and that's the bare minimum that has to be
fixed before I can send things upstream, since upstream won't accept two
different variants of IOC3 code for two different systems.

-- 
Joshua Kinard
Gentoo/MIPS
[email protected]
4096R/D25D95E3 2011-03-28

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us.  And our
lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."

--Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic

Reply via email to