On 5/31/16 7:10 PM, Joshua Kinard wrote:
> I've recently uploaded new stage builds for big-endian machines in the
> following ABI/ISA combinations to the mirrors in the experimental/mips/stages
> folders:
> 
> - MIPS-II for O32
> - MIPS-III for N32
> - MIPS-IV for N32
>   - R10000 build for N32
>   - R12000+ build for N32
> 
> These stages are based on a 20160506 Portage snapshot (yes, it took close to a
> month to build everything), so fresh installs will likely have to wrestle with
> the recent update to perl-5.24.  All are built with gcc-5.3.0 against
> glibc-2.23-r2.
> 
> Additional information is available in the README.2016 and README files.
> 
> I am also in the process of building MIPS-II stages for O32/uClibc as well,
> which will likely be based on a 20160531 snapshot (assuming no bugs).
> 
> Note: These are the "old" ISAs, commonly used on SGI systems.  Those running
> the "MIPS32" (R2 through R6) ISA can use the MIPS-II/O32 stage3 as a base for
> an install and rebuild to better match the target machine.  Those on "MIPS64"
> (R2 through R6) can use the MIPS-IV/N32 stage3 as a base for an install and
> rebuild.  Again, all are big-endian architecture, as I have no working
> little-endian machines right now.
> 
> Work on an updated netboot image for the SGI machines is still pending due to
> lack of time.  I've got a basic script worked up that lets me manually copy
> target binaries and dependent libs to a chroot folder, but I haven't made much
> progress beyond that.
> 
> Any issues or bugs, please assign to [email protected] in our Bugzilla.
> 
> Happy compiling!,
> 


thanks for keeping this alive!

-- 
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
E-Mail    : [email protected]
GnuPG FP  : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB  DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
GnuPG ID  : F52D4BBA

Reply via email to