You hijacked a thread again...

On Wednesday 17 August 2005 09:52, Brian Harring wrote:
> basically, use_expand'd vars need to be exempted from IUSE checks, as
> long as the USE_EXPAND var is in IUSE.

I don't really like the idea of this without a companion patch that provides
some way to get a list of relevant env vars and their possible settings to
the user without having to look at the ebuild. The list of possiblities
could live in use.desc or a similar file, but at minimum the list of vars
needs to be provided.

Another patch is also required that will allow disabling of the QA check on
certain vars, preferably defined in a file in the tree similar to
info_vars. This would be used for vars such as USERLAND which are profile
defined.

In other words, don't kill the QA check without addressing the issue that
the QA check is warning about. ;)

--
Jason Stubbs