On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 08:35:03PM +0200, Paul de Vrieze wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Is there any particular reason that the changelog was dropped from recent
> portage versions. I'd like to have it to see what changed. Especially with
> release candidates that sometimes develop issues.
Intending on dumping the actual svn log messages, and mangling it into
ChangeLog.  Been a bit hit or miss afaik for rc3, but that's the
intention.

Easier for us; no duplication, the actual log message is sitting right
in the vcs rather then as a change to a file in the vcs.  So... yah,
it's not being killed off, just a change of how it's done.
~harring